Our History

In 1889, Theodore Schweiger opened a carpentry shop in Kansas City, Missouri, intent on providing the finest material workmanship to his clients. Within just a few years, T.G. Schweiger Contracting Company had grown to include a lumber yard, mill, and a reputation for exceptional work. In response to the building boom after World War II and significant changes in the construction industry, the company sold the lumber yard and mill operations in 1952, changed its name to Schweiger Construction Company, and redirected its focus to building construction and general contracting.

Through the successful management of four generations of the Schweiger family, the company has prospered during 22 presidencies, the establishment of 12 new states, two world wars, the Great Depression and unimaginable change in lifestyle and technology.

Today the company continues to thrive and look to the future building on the solid roots and a tradition of integrity and excellence laid down by T.G. Schweiger back in 1889.

Carol Schweiger Meharry has been leading the company with vision, innovation and successful management.

JLL Supplier of Distinction Award 2017

“The Jones Lang LaSalle Supplier of Distinction Awards program recognizes our top supplier partners who play a vital role in elevating our firm’s ability to deliver the highest caliber of service, value and innovation to our clients. Our supplier partners play an integral role in JLL’s ability to provide exceptional service and client satisfaction. This program awards top performers and challenges our suppliers to continuously improve service and innovate. The Supplier of Distinction Awards has been a long standing and successful recognition program that we have managed for the past 6 years. We are excited to present Schweiger Construction Company this year’s distinguished supplier award winners.”