In 1889 Theodore Schweiger opened a carpentry shop in Kansas City, Missouri, intent on providing the finest material workmanship to his clients. Within just a few years, T.G. Schweiger Contracting Company had grown to include a lumber yard, mill, and a reputation for exceptional work. In response to the building boom after World War II and significant changes in the construction industry, the company sold the lumber yard and mill operations in 1952, changed its name to Schweiger Construction Company, and redirected its focus to building construction and general contracting.
Through the successful management of four generations of the Schweiger family, the company has prospered during 22 presidencies, the establishment of 12 new states, two world wars, the Great Depression and unimaginable change in lifestyle and technology.
Today the company continues to thrive and look to the future building on the solid roots and a tradition of integrity and excellence laid down by T.G. Schweiger 121 years ago.
Carol Schweiger Meharry has been leading the company with vision, innovation and successful management.
3rd largest woman-owned business in Missouri
3rd largest diverse business in Missouri
55th largest Women’s Business Enterprise in the United States
47th largest privately held business in Missouri
Ranking done by diversitybusiness.com